What are the questions I should be asking before I make my decision?
- Limitations in terms of the number of partitions or host connections. Depending on the nature of your environment and the number of systems that will share the array, this may be of significant importance.
- Ability to intermix FC and SATA disks within the same array if tiered storage is part of your present or future plans.
- Replication limitations such as distance: lack of support for non-proprietary technologies, etc.
- Solution lifecycle. This is a little harder to determine since vendors typically don't like to discuss solution offerings that are near end-of-life.
- Making sure that the vendor fully supports the Linux distribution you are using and that all storage features you plan on implementing are available for that specific distribution.
Dig deeper on Tape backup and tape libraries
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.