Some of the other advantages can be listed as follows:
- Storage allocation without the need for an outage
- Dynamic storage expansion
- Multiple host connections especially when implementing a SAN
- Multi-platform support
- LAN free data movements (backups) via a SAN
- Software or hardware driven remote data replication for DR purposes
- Nways clusters sharing the same disk space made possible by multiple host connections to the storage array
Dig Deeper on Disk-based backup
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.