By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Some of the other advantages can be listed as follows:
- Storage allocation without the need for an outage
- Dynamic storage expansion
- Multiple host connections especially when implementing a SAN
- Multi-platform support
- LAN free data movements (backups) via a SAN
- Software or hardware driven remote data replication for DR purposes
- Nways clusters sharing the same disk space made possible by multiple host connections to the storage array
Dig Deeper on Disk-based backup
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.