By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Some of the other advantages can be listed as follows:
- Storage allocation without the need for an outage
- Dynamic storage expansion
- Multiple host connections especially when implementing a SAN
- Multi-platform support
- LAN free data movements (backups) via a SAN
- Software or hardware driven remote data replication for DR purposes
- Nways clusters sharing the same disk space made possible by multiple host connections to the storage array
Dig Deeper on Disk-based backup
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.