Jason Buffington, a senior analyst at the Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG), focuses on data protection, along with Windows Server infrastructure/management and virtualization. He has actively deployed or consulted on data protection and storage solutions since 1989, working at channel partners, Cheyenne (CA) ARCserve, NSI DoubleTake and Microsoft.
Prior to joining ESG, Jason was a Microsoft senior technical product manager for its System Center products and Windows Server file/storage features. He was a certified business continuity planner (CBCP) and was awarded as a Microsoft MVP in file system/storage solutions. Jason has been a featured speaker at many server, storage and business continuity events around the world. Check out Jason’s book, Data Protection for Virtual Data Centers.
Contributions from Jason Buffington
- Data protection and retention isn't just about disk
- Near-CDP FAQ: Snapshot, replication and backup
- Replication best practices for use with backup
- Common misconceptions about replication, backup
- Using snapshot and replication for data protection
- Using snapshots as part of a data protection strategy
- Snapshot and backup technologies converging
- The benefits of near-CDP solutions
- SMB data backup strategy must address data protection
- Mobile device backup might be impossible
- There's still a place for tape, even in the cloud
- We need a backup dedupe layer
- Private cloud backup needs to get better