Artisan Infrastructure LLC is a vendor that sells infrastructure as a service to cloud providers. Working with both large and small companies, Artisan builds out cloud services for providers, resellers and systems integrators.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Artisan Infrastructure was founded in 2011 in Austin, Texas. The company also has offices in New York, England, Scotland and Romania. In 2013, the vendor's widely available wholesale cloud platform was the first to be fully compatible with Amazon Simple Storage Service application programming interfaces.
Artisan Infrastructure currently offers three primary products and services:
- Cornerstone. A combination of cloud products and services to help cloud providers go to market with cloud products. It also connects providers with cloud architects and system designers. Cornerstone provides three options for cloud architecture: secure cloud, secure private cloud and bare-metal cloud. Cornerstone services include technical support, training, sales and marketing assistance, and technology evaluation and deployment.
- Cloud Architect. This cloud management platform assists cloud providers in migrating business to the cloud. With Cloud Architect, providers can bundle services, sell products directly or through a reseller, and create a customized portal and service catalog. Artisan's Cloud Architect aims to help organizations save on costs, a common concern with cloud infrastructures.
- Neverfail. This is Artisan's business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery offering, with products that eliminate downtime and provide instant failover and secure backups.
Neverfail acquisition strengthens offerings
In 2015, Artisan Infrastructure acquired BC and service mapping software provider Neverfail Group. The technology from this acquisition was integrated into Artisan's Cloud Architect offering, but is not the basis for the current data protection products of the same name.
Neverfail sells three products:
- The Neverfail HybriStor deduplication backup target appliance and gateway. Rolled out in 2016, the virtual backup appliance offers up to 100 TB of free managed storage, can be connected to direct-attached storage and provides a network-attached storage interface to local OpenStack Swift object storage.
- The IT Continuity Engine, an integrated high-availability BC and DR software offering.
- A cloud-based disaster recovery as a service that provides remote compute, data storage resources and wide area network connectivity.