Pierre Dorion is the Data Center Practice Director and a Senior Consultant with Long View Systems Inc. in Phoenix, AZ, specializing in the areas of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning Services and Corporate Data Protection. Over the past 10 years, he has focused primarily on the development of Recovery Strategies, IT Resilience and Recoverability as well as data protection and availability engagements at the Data Center level. Pierre Dorion has been a guest speaker on the subject of data availability and IT resilience at a number of conferences including Storage Decisions, ARMA, AFCOM and CIPS.
Mr. Dorion is a regular writing contributor to the "Ask the Experts" and "Technical Tip" on the subject of data protection for the SearchStorage.com, SearchDataBackup.com and SearchCIO.com. He is also a Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) with DRI International and active member with the Arizona Chapter of the ACP where he participated in the development of a Pandemic Flu planning template for businesses.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Pierre Dorion
- Where should you dedupe?
- Top five IBM Tivoli Storage Manager backup errors
- Streamlining remote backup systems
- Choosing the best archive media
- Developing an electronic data retention policy
- The future of backup to tape and a look at LTO-5 tape
- Data destruction services: When data deletion is not en
- Network-attached storage (NAS) backup strategies
- Data reduction solutions for your data backup plan in a
- Get the right SLA when using backup service providers
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager implementation tips
- Data deduplication: The business case for dedupe
- The state of tape storage technologies and data backup
- Backup vs. archive
- Data backup strategies: Migrating from tape to disk
- The true role of a backup administrator
- Data deletion or data destruction?
- Remote-office backup and data deduplication
- SMB data backup solutions
- Why you need a data backup reporting tool