W. Curtis Preston (a.k.a. "Mr. Backup"), Executive Editor and Independent Backup Expert, has been singularly focused on data backup and recovery for more than 15 years. From starting as a backup admin at a $35 billion dollar credit card company to being one of the most sought-after consultants, writers and speakers in this space, it's hard to find someone more focused on recovering lost data. He is the webmaster of BackupCentral.com, the author of hundreds of articles, and the books "Backup and Recovery" and "Using SANs and NAS."
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from W. Curtis Preston
- Challenges of mobile device backup
- Using backup products designed for a virtual server environment
- A practical guide to cloud backup
- Remote and mobile data backup: Backup's last frontier
- Source deduplication buying guide
- Snapshot backup software tutorial
- Microsoft Hyper-V backup strategies
- The year in data backup and recovery
- Simplifying virtual machine backup
- What is the best VMware backup method?
- Laptop and desktop backup best practices
- Virtual server backup may be getting a little easier
- What are synthetic backups?
- Easy fixes for your enterprise backup system
- New features in modern virtual tape libraries
- The current state of virtual tape libraries
- Mr. Backup's 2010 backup predictions
- Data protection and data backup trends in 2009
- Using data deduplication with backup applications
- Data backup for virtual machines: Alternative methods t