W. Curtis Preston (a.k.a. "Mr. Backup"), Executive Editor and Independent Backup Expert, has been singularly focused on data backup and recovery for more than 15 years. From starting as a backup admin at a $35 billion dollar credit card company to being one of the most sought-after consultants, writers and speakers in this space, it's hard to find someone more focused on recovering lost data. He is the webmaster of BackupCentral.com, the author of hundreds of articles, and the books "Backup and Recovery" and "Using SANs and NAS."
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from W. Curtis Preston
- SharePoint data backup and recovery best practices
- Continuous data protection: Near vs. real CDP
- In-band vs. out-of-band deduplication
- Use disk as a primary backup target and overcome shoesh
- Don't overlook Amanda for your storage data protection needs
- Agent-based vs. agentless backup: Pros and cons
- Pros and cons of VTLs
- Why you need a backup reporting tool