Snapshot: Full data backups

How often do you do full backups?

This article can also be found in the Premium Editorial Download: Storage magazine: Tools for successful data migrations:

Nothing's black and white when it comes to backup. While the majority of Storage readers have a traditional weekly...

full/daily incremental backup policy (57%), that leaves 43% who use all manner of approaches to backup--daily fulls, incrementals forever, synthetic fulls that they reconcile weekly, etc. Tape as primary backup medium is still the norm (77%), but disk is coming on fast. The number of copies of backup tapes readers make, meanwhile, is surprisingly low. Only 32% of respondents make two or more copies; the remainder rely on one copy (53%) or none (15%)!

In general, how often do you do full backups?

To where do you write backups?

How many tape copies do you make?


This was last published in September 2005

Dig Deeper on Data storage backup tools



Find more PRO+ content and other member only offers, here.

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Please create a username to comment.