NetApp originally placed an offer to buy Data Domain at $1.5 billion
Beth Pariseau, senior news writer for SearchStorage.com, and Curtis Preston, executive editor at TechTarget and backup expert, discuss the recent bidding war between EMC and NetApp in this podcast.
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Beth Pariseau and Curtis Preston discuss the EMC-NetApp-Data Domain bidding war
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More on the EMC-NetApp-Data Domain bidding war and data deduplication:
- EMC and NetApp continue the battle over Data Domain
- EMC wants to buy Data Domain for $1.8 billion to dominate data deduplication market
- NetApp acquires Data Domain for $1.5 billion
- Data deduplication a must-have feature in virtual tape libraries