Other popular tips in 2007 discussed how to estimate the lifespan of LTO tapes, how to determine the right service level when outsourcing backup, and how to use media pools for managing removable storage.
- CAS and data deduplication: Partners in archiving
Learn about CAS and data deduplication, the uses for each, and the technologies' strengths and weaknesses.
- In-band vs. out-of-band deduplication
Learn about in-band and out-of-band deduplication and some pros and cons of each approach.
- How to estimate the lifespan of LTO tapes
Learn how to estimate the lifespan of LTO tape. It's not as black and white as LTO tape manufacturers want you to believe.
- Outsourcing backup: Get the right service level agreement
This podcast offers information on how to make sure that a SLA meets your needs and requirements when outsourcing backup.
- Making the most of media pools
Learn what media pools are and the benefits of using them for managing removable storage.
This was first published in December 2007